Blog entry 13: Final post

Final Reflection

CLASS

This class was unlike any I have ever taken, which is surprising because this is my third year at McDaniel and I am a language major. However, was set this class apart was the literature we read. None of my other classes include or have included folklore or fairy tales. For that reason, this class was a bit challenging in terms of textual analysis because analyzing a tale is much different than a novel because the two serve different purposes. 

MATERIAL

The tales we read were very interesting because even the ones I knew (i.e. Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella) were new for me in a way because I have not had the chance to reflect on them as an adult. For most of what we read, it was the first time I have read it since my childhood. This makes for a completely different perspective. For example, one assignment was to watch Disney's Snow White film, and although every scene was familiar, it was difficult to get through because I could hardly stand Snow White's frail voice and overly-passive actions. This example really illustrated for me the stark differences you notice when you grow up, and how your perception changes with time and experiences.
10 Reasons Why Kids Need to Read Non-Disney Fairy Tales ...
https://www.readbrightly.com/10-reasons-kids-need-read-non-disney-fairy-tales/

EXPERIENCE

Overall, I enjoyed this class because the workload was reasonable and it even offered a sort of 'break' from my other school work that is more cumbersome and heavy. I would definitely recommend this class to a student who enjoys reading, but has trouble connecting with what their reading because in this class, the archetype of the reading is new every 2 days and within the archetype is works from 6 or 7 different authors. This is a great opportunity to read works from all over the world and annotate their differences and similarities. 
How to Write a Text Analysis Essay - 8 steps
https://education.onehowto.com/article/how-to-write-a-text-analysis-essay-1612.html

Comments

Popular Posts